In January of 2019, Geocean has completed the main construction and pre-commissioning activities of the Summit LNG FSRU in the bay of Bengal, offshore Moheshkhali island – Bangladesh.
These works are in preparation of receiving Bangladesh’s second FSRU (1). All Logistic and construction ressources of Geocean were demobilized from Bangladesh by 1st of February 2019, approximately 1 month ahead the schedule.
(1) first FSRU’s terminal’s infrastructure, was also built by Geocean in 2018
The Summit LNG operations included:
- 1,600,000 m3 dredging (*)
- 1,000 m of 24″ pipeline shore pull (*)
- 4,500m of 24″ pipeline laying (*)
- Pipeline post-trenching (*)
- Onshore Manifold
- Vessel anchoring system (PLUG, 8 suction piles, mooring lines + SMS)
- PLEM in 36 m Water Depth
- Dynamic Risers and umbilicals installation and connection
- Precommissioning of the complete system
(*) installed during first campaign
This success is based on GEOCEAN’s expertise to deliver EPCI Projects. The next phase for the client will be the berthing of the FSRU, commissioning and start of regasification.