SYSEM, joint association for the treatment of solid waste in South-East
Key date :
Description of the Project
The anaerobic digestion unit of VANNES enables:
- the organic portion of solid waste to be processed into a compost compliant with the NFU 44051 standard,
- the production of electricity and heat through the KOMPOGAS® anaerobic digestion,
- the “recyclables” (metals and cardboards) to be recovered.
Area of the site : 3 hectares
Annual treatment capacity : 53,000 tpa, i.e. 50,000 tons of MSW and 3,000 tons of non-recyclable waste from selective collection.
Work done and added value of our solution
- Preparation through the BRS® system
- Anaerobic digestion of the sorted organic portion using the KOMPOGAS® system
- Maturation in ECOSIILO® tunnels
- Production of a compost compliant with the NFU 44051 standard
- Air process treatment by scrubbing, bio filtration, activated carbon and controlled dispersion
- Energy recovery from biogas by combined production of electricity and heat using a gas engine