MEDGAZ S.A. a consortium led by SONATRACH(36%), include Cepsa (20%), Iberdrola (20%), Gaz de France International (12%), Endesa (12%) as shareholders.
Key date :
50 months: 2006 - Feb. 2011
Algeria and Spain, Algeria
Description of the Project
Medgaz project which is the second gas pipeline to connect Algeria to Spain, links the city of Beni-Saf (west of Algeria) to Almeria the southern city of Spain.
Work done and added value of our solution
Besides the offshore pipeline crossing the Mediterranean sea, this EPC project includes the implementation of a compression station in Beni-Saf, a gas terminal in Almeria and a control center in Madrid.
The main equipment installed in Algeria at Beni-Saf are:
- 3 Compressors Dresser Rand Datum D10R6B driven by turbine Rolls Royce eRB211 6761 (v6.0.0) with RT61 Power Turbine, DLE Combustion and coupled to the compressor by a speed increasing Gear RENK ,
- Each unit rated to 36,7 MW ISO,
- A Backup Generator 4MW ISO,
- A Gas monitoring system, Upstream Gas Filters, Downstream Gas Air Coolers, Electrical substation, Scraper Launching Trap, Over pressure protection, Nitrogen System, Vent / Flare system, Pipeline Leak detection Flow-meters, SCADA system and Communications via VSATsatellite Communications, Local control system, Fire Fighting and Security Systems,
- Utilities, Operation and Maintenance Building.
Installations in Spain also include a Terminal station -OPRT– at Almeria (Spain) and a Central Control Room -CCR– in Madrid (Spain).